Popcorn at home. Popcorn: the benefits and harm
Popcorn can be safely attributed to the number of favorite delicacies of most people. Crispy uncovered corn kernels hold hands while watching TV, give extra comfort to visitors of the cinema, soothe restless kids. Therefore, many are interested in the question of how it is preparing a treat at home. After all, you do not always want to stuff the body with store products, it is easier to make a snack yourself. Let’s look at the main aspects of this.
The composition and characteristics of popcorn
- Many mistakenly attribute popcorn to high-calorie snacks, but this is far from the case. On the fried portion weighing 100 gr. (!) accounts for only 298 Kcal. How much to eat popcorn to get this number of calories?
- Another thing lies in the carbohydrates, which occupy most of the roasted corn kernels. Natural saccharides in combination with starch are quickly absorbed, but only for a short time retain a feeling of satiety. It is for this reason that popcorn is not suitable for dieters (and not because it has “high calorie content”).
- The composition also contains proteins and fats in small quantities. It is worth remembering that wild-growing corn is less rich in carbohydrates than cultivated. Therefore, if possible, give preference to her.
- The nutritional value of cobs is high. Iron is present in the corn kernel, which is required to improve blood composition and prevent anemia. Popcorn is also rich in magnesium, potassium, zinc, and copper.
- A special place is given to dietary fibers, in particular fiber. It occupies its 14% of the total grain volume. This means that eating popcorn will favorably affect the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- When it comes to homemade popcorn, cooked without extra sweeteners, this appetizer is suitable for proper nutrition and diets. You can sometimes indulge yourself with popcorn as a dessert by mixing roasted grains with sugar.
- To make the treat even tastier, the grains are roasted in butter. In the process of cooking the dishes must be covered so that the popcorn does not shoot. To get a uniform warm-up, periodically shake the container with the contents.
- Always remember one geometrical truth – the more oil you put, the higher will be the energy value of the dish. Wild corn is better for roasting; it is dense and balanced in composition.
The subtleties of cooking popcorn
- For roasting fit any dishes that can withstand high temperatures. In most cases, it is convenient to cook a snack in a deep skillet.
- First you need to heat the container, pour a little corn or olive oil into it (sunflower produces carcinogens), add a couple of dash of salt or granulated sugar. After all the manipulations go to the inside of the grain.
- Frying is carried out exclusively on a low power plate. And when the seeds begin to crackle, the container should be covered. One serving takes 10 minutes.
- Experienced housewives pretend to cook a snack using a slow cooker. To do this, you need to pour a little oil into the bowl, heat it, salt it and fry the kernels in the above form.
- Not without the participation of the microwave, it is also easy to cook popcorn. To do this, arm yourself with a container, put grains in it and pour oil on it. Send to the oven for 2 minutes, shake the contents every 30 seconds.
- If there is a cauldron, you can use it. The main negative quality of this method is the duration of cooking. Similarly to the way with a frying pan, heat the oil in the cauldron, sprinkle it with salt, send the seeds inside. Fry until all the corn has opened.
- Opinions popcorn lovers vary greatly in terms of the benefits of the product. Some Hollywood stars claim that the line-up helped them regain their former shape after some events in their lives.
- Modern dietetics adhere to the theory that popcorn has a low calorie content and high nutritional performance. It is important to understand that we are talking specifically about the home cooking method.
- This kind of product has a high fiber content. Dietary fiber has a positive effect on the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. Popcorn is considered an excellent preventive measure against stomach cancer and cardiovascular pathologies.
- Before you start cooking and consuming, it is important to know a few facts. Ready-made popcorn in its original form does not cause any harm to the body. The negative impact on the organs comes through additional components.
- On an industrial scale and in public places, corn is prepared with the addition of a flavoring of diacyl. The chemical adversely affects the respiratory organs and provokes the development of an allergic reaction. Also, grain in the fields are covered with chemicals from various pests.
- It is strongly not recommended to eat popcorn on an empty stomach or in large quantities. Abuse of the product leads to problems with the gastrointestinal tract and deterioration during varicose veins. In any case, it is not recommended to eat popcorn more than once a week.
Popcorn cooking technology
- Do not assume that delicious popcorn can not be cooked on their own. To make popcorn by all the rules, you need a high saucepan with a lid.
- During cooking, you need to take 60 grams. butter per 100 gr. raw materials. Various seasonings are added to taste. Grains are poured at once into a hot pot. Do not forget to cover the container.
- Keep in mind that the process of cooking popcorn is carried out exclusively on low heat. The container should be shaken periodically.
- This procedure allows the corn to soak in oil. Wait 2-3 minutes after the grains stop exploding. Next, you can proceed to the preparation of the next portion.
- Fans of popcorn are divided into two types, someone prefers a sweet delicacy to salty. The question is how to make popcorn with caramel to melt in your mouth. The procedure will require a small size cauldron.
- In this case, 60 grams. corn accounted for 120 gr. oils, 50 ml. water, 8 g. soda and 240 gr. sugar sand. To enhance the flavor, add a little lemon juice.
- You need to cook popcorn according to the classical scheme described above, with the lid closed. To prepare the caramel, you will need additional packaging. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil the components until a sticky paste is formed.
- After cooking, you need to immediately add soda and lemon juice. In the course of the reaction, caramel will start producing foam, which must be mixed with ready-made popcorn. Wait for the delicacy to cool.
Before you start frying popcorn, it is important to thoroughly dry the corn kernels. Some gourmets insist that the raw material must be kept for several hours in the freezer. In this case, the pressure inside the grains increases markedly when frying.
Video: how to make popcorn at home
How to cook popcorn at home? How to choose grains and diversify tastes? Adopt cooking tips in the pan, in the microwave, in the oven.
It is impossible to find someone who would not like popcorn. Especially when it comes to cinemas. Its aroma just beckons to itself. But what if you want to recreate a similar atmosphere at home? Turn on the movie, and enjoy watching it with a plate of this delicacy. There is a way out, of course. In this article, you can find answers to questions about how to cook popcorn at home, in the microwave, in a frying pan or in the oven. And also to get acquainted with a number of other features and subtleties.
Do you need special equipment to make popcorn
Special equipment for popcorn will be needed if you want to open your business and produce products in large quantities.
- popcorn maker
For the manufacturing process itself, only an apparatus will be required. The highest quality is considered to be devices manufactured in the United States. They cost between 400 and 1700 dollars. The cart is used to install the device on it. In addition, there are places for storing grains and packages.
For a home cooking option you will need a frying pan, either a microwave or an oven.
Selection of grain for making popcorn
We must especially be careful in choosing the grain for making popcorn. After all, not from any corn cob you can get popcorn. For this special grade is used. That he is suitable for the preparation of this dish.
But the grains themselves, in turn, are divided into several categories, which are used for various purposes.
- “Small Butterfly”. Used for cooking at home. It makes a very tender and airy popcorn, but it is very fragile.
- “Average Butterfly”. The most common option. It is prepared using apparatus in parks, cinemas and other public places.
- “Big Butterfly”. The hardest grade. Used in industrial production. It is packaged in packs and delivered to stores for sale.
- “Caramel”. Differs from previous types of its round shape. Perfect for caramel coating.
On the shelves of stores you can find various types of grains, both domestic and foreign production. Choose what you like best
How to cook popcorn at home. Possible ways
The question “How to cook popcorn at home?” Is often asked. But in fact this process is very easy. Anyone can handle it. Consider several cooking options. Everyone can find for themselves the most suitable way.
So, how to make popcorn in the microwave without any extra effort. You need a container with high sides, a cap, grains and vegetable oil. In the container you need to pour the grain, pour the oil, mix well, put in a microwave and cover with a lid. Power is better to put 600-700 watts. Turn off when the grains explode less often than once every 3-4 seconds. The snack is ready. If desired, you can sprinkle with salt or powdered sugar.
In the pan
How to cook popcorn in a pan. This is the most traditional way. All that is needed is a frying pan, grains and sunflower oil. Heat the pan in advance and set aside. Then pour the grain in one or two layers maximum. Because the grain will increase significantly in volume. Add one or two tablespoons of vegetable oil, depending on the number of grains. Mix well and put on the stove.
Attention! Keep the lid closed until the very end of cooking. After switching off the stove, wait for a while and only then open it.
Play as the popcorn explodes. Turn off when the interval becomes more than 3-4 seconds. To taste sprinkle with seasonings.
In the oven
Some prefer to cook this snack in the oven. So, how to cook popcorn in the oven. On a baking sheet, pour some butter. Then pour the grain, mix. Put the baking tray in the oven, heated to 180 ° C. Cook with the door closed. Get when the grains stop exploding. You can add spices to taste. Enjoy your meal!
Popcorn additives – for every taste
Popcorn can be used in its original form. You can add seasonings, and give this dish a variety of tastes. Consider what are the additives for popcorn.
Council If you want to give popcorn, one or another taste, the spices must be added immediately after cooking, while it is still hot. Then mix and allow to cool.
- Salty is the most traditional kind of popcorn
- With paprika. Original and piquant option
- With garlic. Ideal for lovers of garlic snacks. Garlic should be added to the oil, on which the grains are prepared
- With black pepper and Parmesan cheese. For gourmets. Cheese is added in a grated form while the popcorn is hot. It is seasoned with pepper and mixed.
- With thyme and honey. Exquisite option. Honey and thyme are added to popcorn butter.
- With peanut butter. For lovers of nutty taste
- Sweet options. For example, with chocolate or caramel. Excellent options for sweet teeth
- Try completely different supplements and combinations. Experiment with taste and surprise your guests.
Interesting fact – why popcorn explodes
As already noted, a special sort of corn is used for cooking. It contains starch and water droplets. Outside, the grains are very strong, smooth and shiny. Inside, the opposite is soft. So why popcorn explodes? When heated, the droplets inside the grains begin to boil and break the upper shell. As a result, all the pulp is outside. This is how popcorn is made.
How to make caramel popcorn: video
Popcorn with caramel flavor is one of the favorite sweet tooth options. You can cook it yourself at home. The following video details and demonstrates how to make caramel popcorn at home.
Popcorn, or popcorn, is loved by both children and adults. According to nutritionists, home-cooked popcorn is healthier than store-bought ones. Especially if you use the grain of natural corn. To please your loved ones, you can cook this delicacy on your own, at home.
What you need
To make popcorn at home, you need the following ingredients:
- 100 g of natural corn kernels
- powdered sugar or salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
You will also need utensils — a deep frying pan of large diameter or a thick-walled pan with a lid.
How to cook popcorn at home
Put the corn kernels in the freezer in advance. Keep them in the cold for at least 20 minutes. If possible, increase the freezing time of the grains to 2-3 hours.
After that, put a deep pan on the fire, the volume must be at least 2 liters. If you do not have a suitable pan, use a wide pan with high sides. For making popcorn, a cast iron pan is great. Although it warms up slowly, it retains heat well.
You can cook popcorn not only on a conventional stove, but also in the microwave
Heat a frying pan or pan without adding oil over high heat. To check the degree of heating, drip water onto the bottom of the dish. If the water starts to sizzle and evaporate quickly, then the pan or frying pan is hot enough. Remove it from heat and then place it on a stand. The fire does not reduce or turn off.
Now take the corn out of the fridge. Gently and quickly pour the grain into the pan. Corn should cover the bottom of the dishes with only one layer, otherwise it will not have enough space for heating. Water the grains with vegetable oil. Use olive-pressed or refined sunflower oil.
Cover the dishes tightly with a lid, then shake the pan several times thoroughly so that all the grains can be soaked evenly with oil. And put the dishes back on fire. As a result of a sharp temperature drop from low to high, corn kernels will explode sharply and quickly. Almost all of them burst, unfold, and turn inside out.
After 30–40 seconds, the first pops will be heard from the pan: the corn grains will begin to open. Initially, the explosions will be single, and then more and more frequent. During this period it is strictly forbidden to open the lid of the dish. Otherwise, you may burn yourself with corn grain or hot steam that has jumped out of the pan. In addition, the grains can dramatically fall out of the dishes on the floor.
After about 3-4 minutes, the explosions finally stop, and the corn will turn out to be airy. The cooking time may vary slightly, depending on the larger or smaller amount of raw grains used. It is best to focus on hearing: if the pops in the pot have stopped, then popcorn is ready.
Remove the pan from the heat and gently open the lid, releasing the remaining steam. Sprinkle powdered popcorn with powdered sugar, salt or other seasonings to your taste. Cover the product again and shake it properly. As a result, the seasoning is evenly distributed over the corn kernels. Transfer the finished popcorn into a wide glass bowl or serve it in plastic deep glasses.
For children, you can make sweet popcorn by seasoning it with jam, syrup, melted chocolate or caramel.
Try to improve your favorite snack in at least one of the ways described below, and you will never eat regular popcorn again!
1. Popcorn with Oreo
For a large pack of popcorn, you will need about 12 cookies and 200 grams of candy. Oreo crush, melt the caramels. Mix the popcorn with the crumbs and spread the caramel evenly. Delicacy will turn out incredibly tasty!
2. Popcorn Margarita
True, it is non-alcoholic. This popcorn will satisfy your craving for something sharp. Add a pinch of salt and a couple of chili powder in a batch of corn. Add a tablespoon of lime zest and the snack is ready. For flavor in the dish, you can add a little cilantro.
3. Popcorn with hot sauce and marinade
It sounds like a ridiculous whim of a pregnant woman. But in fact, hot sauce and pickle are perfectly combined. In a resealable container, mix the corn, a little hot sauce, and three tablespoons of the marinade. Shake everything well, so that the seasonings spread out all over the popcorn, and enjoy your meal.
4. Popcorn with Chocolate Baskets and Peanut Butter
Peanut butter lovers will be delighted. As, however, and lovers of chocolate baskets. To prepare the necessary ingredients such as:
8 glasses of corn for popcorn; a pinch of salt;
- ½ cup of honey;
- 1/3 cup sugar;
- ½ cup of peanut butter;
- ½ tsp vanilla;
- ½ cup melted milk with melted chocolate chips;
- ½ cup chocolate.
Blend popcorn salt and evenly (preferably in a single layer) spread on a baking sheet. Mix honey and sugar and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil for a couple of minutes, remove from the heat and add peanut butter to the mixture. Stir thoroughly to melt the latter. Then add vanilla and quickly pour the mixture of popcorn. Top with warm milk and chocolate and wait until it hardens. Add chocolate at the end.
5. Sweet and Salty Popcorn
Past this sweet treat with salted peanut butter is impossible to pass.
Mix a portion of corn with 3 tbsp. l coconut (or any other) oil. In a separate bowl, combine the detailed chocolate rice balls and peanut butter. For a few minutes, put the mass in the microwave and then mix everything thoroughly. Add a little vanilla and pour a mixture of popcorn. Voila!
6. Popcorn with a delicious mix
The great advantage of this recipe is that it can be customized. Combine different products. Not bad, for example, crushed tortillas with pretzels and M & M’s are combined. And also delicious popcorn with almonds, dried apricots and hazelnuts.
7. Popcorn with sugar and cinnamon
First, fill the corn with oil. After in a closing container, mix the popcorn with 2 tbsp. l ghee, 2 tsp. sugar and a couple of cinnamon pinches.
8. Popcorn with parmesan and garlic
Quite savory and interesting taste of this snack. To make it you need:
- 4 tbsp. l butter;
- 1 minced clove of garlic;
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary;
- 1/3 cup popcorn;
- ½ cup grated parmesan.
Melt the butter and mix with garlic and rosemary. Cook for a couple of minutes over medium heat. Warm popcorn spread on the surface in a single layer, pour evenly with garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
None of the institution and no manufacturer will not make so cheese popcorn. Although it is easier to cook. Just need to melt 50 g of butter, pour warm popcorn with it, and sprinkle with cheese, chopped to the state of powder, from above.
He prepares a little bit moro, but believe me, it’s worth it!
- 1 cup of butter;
- 2 glasses of sugar (preferably brown);
- ½ cup corn syrup;
- 1 tsp salts;
- ½ tsp soda;
- 1 tsp vanilla;
- 5 glasses of popcorn.
In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter and sugar. Add syrup and salt to it. Bring to a boil, not forgetting to stir constantly. Then cook another 4 minutes. Remove from heat, stir by adding vanillin. Pour the mixture over the ready popcorn on the baking sheet and put it in the oven. Cook for an hour, stirring the corn every 15 minutes. When popcorn becomes brittle – ready.
This delicacy, among other things, can serve as an ideal decoration of the holiday table. Especially in the house where there are children. It is made from melted white chocolate (about ½ cup, to taste) and multi-colored powder. Liquid chocolate is poured on exploded popcorn, everything is mixed and sprinkled with powder.
12. Popcorn “Zebra”
The easiest way to cook this dish is caramel popcorn. But if this is not, it can be done independently – using melted caramel. Spread the corn spread on the parchment and pour liquid hot chocolate – white and black. Wait for the chocolate to harden and enjoy.
13. Caramel Apple Popcorn
Preparing the dish is not so easy, but the result is simply amazing. This popcorn is not found in any manufacturer.
- 1 pack of apple chips (or thinly chopped drying);
- 1 cup of sugar (preferably brown);
- 1 cup corn syrup;
- ½ cup butter;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 1 can of condensed milk.
Popcorn blast in the oven or microwave and mix with apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add condensed milk and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. After that, pour the mixture over the corn with apples (lay them on the pan beforehand) and put everything in the oven for 45 – 50 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes to bake the popcorn evenly. After you get the snack out of the oven, break it into pieces and allow to cool slightly.
14. Popcorn with cookies and chocolate
Cookies with chocolate and marshmallows roasted on a fire – this is very tasty. And why not give this kind of taste to your favorite movie launch? Take a small cookie, popcorn, small marshmallows and chocolate buttons. Mix everything and put in the oven. Bake until the chocolate melts.
15. Popcorn cake
- 6 glasses of exploded popcorn;
- 1 bar of white chocolate (melted);
- 1 cup baking mixture;
- ¼ packs of margarine;
- multicolored sugar powder.
Mix hot chocolate with melted margarine and add baking mix. Stir well, if necessary, further heated in a microwave. Pour the mass over the popcorn, decorate with powder and put the dish in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
16. Caramelized nut popcorn
For its preparation you will need:
- 6 tbsp. l oils;
- 3 tbsp. l corn syrup;
- ¾ cup of sugar;
- ¼ tsp vanilla;
- ¼ tsp baking soda;
- 1 pack of black chocolate chips;
- 1 pack of white chocolate chips;
- ½ cup cashews.
Mix the butter, syrup and brown sugar and boil them over low heat. After the mass boils, stir it for another 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add soda and vanilla and pour over the corn. Put the popcorn in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. When you get it, sprinkle it with chips and nuts while still hot. Stir to melt chocolate.
17. Popcorn “Snickers”
Make the caramel according to the recipe described in the previous paragraph and pour popcorn with it. Detail mini- “Snickers” and add them to the corn. Pour peanuts in a dish, and pour melted chocolate on top – white, black or dairy, to taste.
It is prepared in the same way as regular caramel. Only in the mixture while cooking you need to add half a pack of marshmallows. And after you pour the caramel corn, sprinkle it with coconut chips. The marshmallow makes the pouring volatile. Therefore, it is desirable to eat popcorn warm. When it cools, the caramel will harden. But naturally, it does not spoil the taste.
19. Marshmallow Popcorn
If you like “toffee”, you can make popcorn only with marshmallow gravy. To do this, a pack of marshmallows melt over medium heat with ½ packs of butter and ½ cup of sugar. Stir everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass of medium thickness and pour it over the corn.
And how to resist such?
Can you imagine a modern cinema without popcorn? Popcorn is almost the main product of cafes and entertainment centers, where kids are enthusiastic about and consider cooking bursting grains in special units, and parents stand in line to buy a colorful treat. And so, at the beginning of the next film show, people are going, carrying with them to the hall the obligatory cups filled to the brim with crisps. In the atmosphere of a merry crunch and a specific flavor, the film begins …
“Explosive” nature of the kernels
Do you think popcorn is the “invention” of the last decades? Not at all. It is known that four thousand years ago, North American Indians used it in their diets. Most likely, they accidentally discovered that if they throw maize grains into the fire, they explode from the inside, become larger in size and have an unexpectedly pleasant taste.
True, not all varieties of maize were suitable for this fun. The fact is that the composition of “explosive” varieties contains starch and water. The liquid does not flow out of the dense shell of the grain and when heated, turns into steam, which is “cramped” inside, so it “blows up” the dense walls. And the starch from this process foams, taking a variety of forms, cooling. This is popcorn.
In America, during the economic crisis called the Great Depression, popcorn was in incredible demand: cheap, nutritious, high-calorie. By that time, the Americans were already 200 years old with a hook as they tasted this product. At the end of the 19th century, the talented engineer Charles Crithors even decided to create a machine for making popcorn. As a result, an aggregate appeared, with time improved, without which entertainment centers and cinemas are unthinkable today.
Benefit or harm
Popcorn – a product containing high-quality carbohydrates, vitamins and polyphenols. Some people scold popcorn, considering it to be “not ours”, an unhealthy food, while others gladly absorb it in large quantities. Air corn is prepared with the taste of bacon, cheese, onion, and also salted, sweetened, caramelized. Flavor additives, as well as oil, which is used in the preparation process, are the main danger for the organism. These substances can provoke various diseases, such as ulcers, gastritis, cause problems with the pancreas and lungs. In addition, salted corn balls cause a feeling of thirst, and current trends “dictate” drinking popcorn with carbonated drinks, which is completely unacceptable for the gastrointestinal tract.
In other words, in order to please the customer, suppliers invent flavors, colors and flavorings as a means to turn the product into a “candy” in terms of taste. If you try popcorn in its purest form, it will not shake anything outstanding. But it has a number of useful properties:
- It has a positive impact on the work of the central nervous system;
- Normalizes the activity of the cardiovascular system;
- Removes free radicals, toxins and slags from the body;
- Normalizes blood sugar levels;
- Prevents signs of premature aging;
- It has a preventive effect against the manifestations of diabetes mellitus, allergies, hemorrhoids, constipation and cancer.
In addition, popcorn is a very high-calorie product and quickly quenches hunger.
This sensation made a Ph.D. from Pennsylvania Joe Vinson. He examined popcorn for the presence of nutrients and found that it contains a large amount of polyphenols – much more than in vegetables, greens, nuts and fruits.
For reference: polyphenols – chemicals of plant origin. These antioxidants are important for our body, contributing to the improvement of digestion and blood circulation, increasing resistance to viruses. Polyphenols are called “life-preservers”, as their use prevents the occurrence of certain diseases and reduces age pigmentation, including the appearance of wrinkles.
How to cook popcorn
The above information is already enough to start consuming popcorn. But not the one that is sold in cinemas and shops, but made independently. After all, healthy popcorn is properly cooked. And how to make popcorn at home, we will teach you.
They practice several cooking methods: in a frying pan, in a saucepan, and in a microwave oven, where the main active “person” is temperature. It is during the heat treatment that the corn kernels begin to crack and transform into popcorn. As a “raw material” for popcorn, two of its varieties are suitable: Caramel and Premium.
Heat treatment for popcorn is dry or with added oil. In the first case, the pan (it is desirable that it was cast-iron) is heated and covered with pure grains. The process of “blasting” occurs with constant stirring, so that the grains are not burnt.
For the second method, the pan (or pan) should also be well warmed. Then pour a little oil on the bottom, bring it to a boil, and pour corn grains into it. Capacity should be covered with a lid (preferably transparent), shaking from time to time.
As for the microwave, then it is not recommended to cook popcorn in it. First, it is inconvenient to follow the process. Secondly, the packaging of popcorn for microwave contains a chemical perfluorooctanoic acid and diacetyl. The use of the first leads to diseases of the endocrine system, the second – to damage the respiratory tract.
Which oil is suitable for popcorn
In principle, any refined vegetable oil will be suitable (except for rapeseed oil). But it is preferable to use coconut – when frying, it gives a sweetish aroma. When you love making your own popcorn yourself, you will probably experiment with a salty and sweet option. Remember that coconut yellow is suitable for cooking salted popcorn, white – for sweetened.
We bypass the microwave and stop the selection on a large saucepan, and then the points:
- Pour the oil into the pan and put on the fire so that it warms up well;
- Lay out a layer of corn kernels at the bottom of the pan (it is not necessary to put a lot, as they will increase by about 40 times in the prepared form);
- Evenly sprinkle with sugar seeds (per 100 g of grains you need 5 tablespoons of sugar);
- Cover the pot;
- Fire mode does not change;
- To prevent the sugar from burning, shake the pot periodically, and even when the corn seeds start to explode;
- Watch the sound of explosive pops when they stop – turn off the burner.
- Popcorn put in a dish and let cool for 3-4 minutes.
If you prefer a salty version of popcorn, then it should be salted ready-made, as is done with boiled corn.
- Coconut oil – 3-4 tbsp. spoons;
- Popcorn seeds – half a cup;
- Salt – to taste.
The cooking procedure is similar to the above, only salting is left at the last moment, when ready and still hot popcorn will lie on the plate. As an additional “flavor” you can use spices, paprika. As an option – add edible yeast to the butter. They will give the delicacy an unusual taste, reminiscent of walnut flavor.
Home-cooked popcorn can be a “reason” for a family gathering at a round table! All – on a crisp snack!