Shell in the oven. How to cook stuffed pasta shells
If you want to surprise your friends or relatives with an original Italian-style dinner, then cook for them shells stuffed with minced meat. A variety of toppings and sauces will make you look at this dish in a new way every time. In this article you will learn how to cook big shells stuffed with minced meat, fish, vegetables and even nuts.
Conkilioni with minced meat
This spectacular and very tasty dish we will cook with minced pork. However, you can remake the recipe to your liking and replace pork with veal or chicken minced meat. Also pay attention to the method of cooking pasta – baking in portion dishes. Compliance with this condition ensures that the finished dish retains its shape and does not lose appearance after serving. How to cook pasta shells, stuffed with minced meat? Recipe:
- Boil konkiloni in boiling water until half ready. The number of shells depends on the number of servings (six or seven pieces each). Put the finished pasta in a pan with cold water – so they can keep their shape and will not stick together.
- Mince salt, pepper and fry on high heat.
- Put the meat in a separate bowl, let it cool for a while, and then mix it with grated cheese and one chicken egg.
- Crush one onion and a couple of garlic cloves. After that fry them to transparency.
- Bulgarian sweet pepper cut into fairly large pieces and also send to the pan.
- Pour the vegetables with one glass of water and add a spoonful of tomato paste.
- After a few minutes, pour the sauce into a saucepan and mix it with a blender.
- Take a portion of baking dish and pour the vegetable filling to the bottom. Fill the shells with minced meat and gently place them in pots. Mix the remaining sauce with sour cream and pour pasta over it. Generously sprinkle the shells with grated cheese and send the forms to bake in the oven.
The finished dish should be served as soon as it is browned, garnished with chopped greens.
Seashells stuffed with minced meat with bechamel sauce
For this dish you can take meat to your taste. For those who prefer low-fat varieties, minced chicken breast will do, and lovers of nourishing food can make minced pork or veal. What should be done:
- Boil the pasta (30 pieces) and place them in cold water.
- Two sweet bell peppers (it is better to take different colors) and a bunch of green onions chopped, and then lightly fry in vegetable oil.
- Add 600 grams of minced meat (or minced meat) to vegetables and continue to fry over medium heat. After a few minutes, pour 300 ml of prepared broth into the pan and simmer the meat until ready.
- For the sauce, melt two large spoons of butter in a separate dish, put three spoons of flour and fry for a few minutes. Then start in small portions to add milk to the resulting mixture (450 grams). Season the sauce with salt, pepper to your taste and nutmeg. When the sauce boils down and thickens, add a little grated cheese to it and let cool.
- Fill the shells with minced meat, put them in a baking dish, cover with sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
This dish can not leave indifferent any of your guests or relatives. So feel free to cook it not only for a regular dinner, but also for any festive event.
Seashells with fish filling
If you really decided to impress others with your culinary talents, then use the recipe described below. How to cook the original pasta-shells stuffed with minced meat (recipe with fish):
- For the filling, finely chop half the average onion and pike perch fillet (300 grams).
- Fry prepared foods in a pan until cooked. At the very end, they should add chopped greens, salt and pepper.
- Boil the shells in accordance with the instructions on the package, rinse under cold water and fill each with minced fish.
- Spread the shells stuffed with minced fish, on plates, sprinkle them with cheese and serve to the table. If the fish is too dry, pour the bechamel sauce and mayonnaise over the shells.
Seashells stuffed with minced walnuts
The original spicy taste of this dish will suit even the most demanding gourmet. How to cook:
Cook shells stuffed with minced meat, in the oven or in a pan. This appetizing, hearty and beautiful dish will always help you out when preparing for a party or a family dinner.
Calorie: Not specified
Cooking time: 45 min
Be sure to cook your homemade these delicious stuffed pasta shells with minced meat, a recipe with a photo in a frying pan, which came to us from sunny Italy. Than only Italians do not stuff pasta, but the most delicious are obtained with homemade meat in a sauce of sour cream and ketchup. Instead of ketchup, you can take tomato paste or stew fresh tomatoes in olive oil. For stuffing, they produce special large pasta in the form of shells or tubules, which are made from hard wheat varieties so that they do not boil soft. Before cooking, pasta is boiled briefly in salted water, so it is more convenient to fill them with stuffing, which is also brought to near readiness. I want to draw your attention to this.
It will take 45 minutes to cook. From the ingredients listed in the recipe, get 2 servings.
– pasta “shells” – 200 gr.;
– minced homemade – 170 gr .;
– ground red pepper – 5 gr .;
– red onion – – 50 gr .;
– garlic – 1 tooth;
– chili pepper – 1 pc .;
– sour cream 10% – 100 gr .;
– ketchup – 50 gr .;
– wheat flour – 10 g;
– oil for frying – 10 gr .;
– olive oil;
Recipe with photos step by step:
Pour 1.5 liters of hot water into a saucepan, add 2 teaspoons of table salt, throw pasta into boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes, until al-dente. We recline on a colander, we plentifully water with extra virgin olive oil. The meat filling should also be brought to half-ready. First, season the stuffing – add salt, ground red pepper, mix thoroughly. = Then fry the minced meat in a well heated pan, greased with frying oil. Cook for 12-15 minutes, mix. Fill the pasta stuffing tightly, put on the pan. Add the chopped red onion and the chili seedless seed chopped finely.
Put the pan on the stove, add the sauce. We do the sauce this way – use a whisk to mix low-fat sour cream, ketchup, salt and wheat flour, add some cold water so that it is not too thick. Cover the dish with a lid, cook on moderate heat for 20-25 minutes, sprinkle with thyme, greens and pour with ketchup before serving. Enjoy your meal!
Stuffed pasta shells – one of the most delicious and attractive types of Italian pasta. Variants of cooking giant conquilion (this is the name of this type of pasta) is great. They are stuffed with minced meat, vegetable mixes and even sweet fillings, which allows you to get a satisfying main course, an appetizing snack and an original dessert.
How to cook large pasta shells with filling?
Stuffed shells – an unusually tasty, satisfying and effectively decorated dish. Giant macaroni can be stuffed dry and baked under the sauce in the oven, or stuffed, pre-boiled in salted water to a state of al denet. Often, pasta is filled with mushroom, meat, cheese, cottage cheese or vegetable fillings.
- Large stuffed shells will keep an appetizing look if they are pre-cooked.
- To the shells are not broken, you should cook them in plenty of water. Ready-made pasta you need to get and let them dry.
- If the recipe involves baking dry stuffed pasta with sauce, you need to monitor the amount of sauce. He must completely break the pasta, otherwise they will dry in the oven.
Stuffed Seashell Pasta
Seashells stuffed with minced meat – a great option for a tasty and fully satisfying dish. The combination of pasta and ground beef is recognized as a classic and widely represented in cooking. For the preparation of the filling is better to use two types of meat: beef and pork. Stuffing should be chopped – then during baking, it will retain juiciness.
- seashells – 15 pcs .;
- ground beef – 200 g;
- minced pork – 100 g;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- mozzarella – 50 g;
- cream – 50 ml;
- fresh parsley – handful.
- Onions, garlic and mince fry.
- Boil the shells.
- Fill them with meat stuffing, cheese and cream.
- Seashells stuffed with meat, bake for 7 minutes at 220 degrees.
- Decorate with greens and serve.
One of the most popular methods of cooking this type of pasta. The peculiarity of the recipe is that the shells are filled in dry form with minced meat and baked under the sauce. Sour cream sauce is especially appropriate here: it will give juiciness, tenderness and mild sourness. To succeed, the shells must be completely hidden under the sauce.
- shells – 350 g;
- ground beef – 500 g;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- egg – 1 pc .;
- cheese – 100 g;
- semolina – 100 g;
- sour cream – 300 g;
- water – 150 ml.
- Combine minced, grated cheese, semolina and egg.
- Start the shells.
- For sour cream, sweat the onions in sour cream and water.
- Stuffed with minced pasta shells put in the form and pour the sauce.
- Bake under foil at 230 degrees for 30 minutes.
Stuffed Seashell Pasta with Mince and Peppers
They will become tastier and juicier if you add Bulgarian pepper to the filling. The latter will give the dish freshness, flavor, mouth-watering and relieve from cooking vegetable side dish. Pepper goes well with pork and complements its sweetish taste, so when choosing minced meat, it is better to use pork.
- seashells – 12 pcs .;
- pepper – 1 pc .;
- minced pork – 250 g;
- cream – 80 ml;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- cheese – 150 g
- Pepper, onion and mince fry.
- In the mixture, add the cream and 100 g of grated cheese.
- Cooked shells fill with minced meat and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Stuffed pasta shells bake 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
Stuffed shells with bechamel sauce
Stuffed shells with – an example of the proper supply of classic pasta casserole. This sauce is often used in pasta dishes, giving products tenderness and making the dish more nourishing and creamy. With bechamel, you can use almost any kind of filling, since the sauce is universal.
- shells – 250 g;
- ground beef – 500 g;
- nutmeg – 5 g;
- oil – 120 g;
- flour – 80 g;
- milk – 750 ml;
- onion – 1 pc.
- Fry minced meat and onion.
- Boil the shells.
- Start the shells with minced meat.
- For the sauce, melt the butter and add flour.
- Stir in the milk.
- Wait for a uniform consistency and season.
- Stuffed pasta – shells sauce pour and bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
Seashells Stuffed with Mushrooms
A simple and tasty dish that does not require much time and labor. You just need to fry the chopped chicken fillet and mushrooms, and fill them with pasta. Since the minced mushrooms and chicken are juicy on their own, the shells are made without sauce, with butter and cheese. Before going to the oven, the pasta is covered with foil.
- shells – 250 g;
- chicken fillet – 150 g;
- champignons – 150 g;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- oil – 50 g;
- cheese – 100 g
- Fry the fillets, onions and champignons.
- Boil the shells.
- Put the stuffing, butter and cheese.
- Bake at 220 degrees for 15 minutes under the foil.
The recipe for stuffed shells can be changed according to taste and lifestyle. Adherents of vegetarian food will quickly turn the dish into a lean, if pasta stuffed with vegetables. For filling it is better to choose juicy and fleshy vegetables, such as tomatoes and eggplant. They will saturate the macaroni with juice and will not “limp” during cooking.
- shells – 250 g;
- clove of garlic – 2 pcs .;
- Tomato – 2 pcs .;
- eggplant – 1 pc .;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- cheese – 60 g;
- Tomato juice – 350 ml.
- Chop and fry vegetables 5 minutes.
- Start with vegetable mixture boiled shells.
- Stuffed vegetarian pasta-shells, cover with tomato juice, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Stuffed shells in a frying pan in sour cream are simple, budget and quick recipes. The advantage of this option is that dried pasta is stuffed with raw ground beef and stewed in sour cream sauce under a lid in a conventional frying pan. With this method of cooking stuffed pasta can be served at the table after 20 minutes.
- seashells – 10 pcs .;
- minced meat – 250 g;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- tomatoes – 1 pc .;
- broth – 500 ml;
- sour cream – 250 g;
- cheese – 60 g
- Add onion and tomatoes to mincemeat.
- Stuff dry shells with minced meat and place them in a frying pan.
- Simmer in sour cream and broth for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese when serving.
Stuffed pasta shells with minced meat in a slow cooker will surprise households not only with taste, but also with high-speed cooking. Thanks to the modern gadget you can get delicate pasta in a thick tomato sauce in just 40 minutes. Hostesses need only to fill the shells with minced meat and, by pouring sour cream, pasta and water, set the mode “Quenching”.
Macaroni Konkiloni (giant shells) stuffed with minced chicken
This is conchilioni
Conchilioni, lumaconi, cannelloni are gigantic shells, snails and tubules (large pasta) for stuffing.
This delicious Italian pasta can be cooked with different fillings. If you take minced meat, then conquiliones, baked with minced meat, will remind dumplings of the highest quality or beshparmak.
If you are stuffing horse bread or other large Italian pasta with salads, then you will get a refined and beautiful appetizer.
And when you fill Italian shells or snails with sweet, you will have an original dessert that you can surprise guests with.
Cooking options for conquilioni, lumaconi, cannelloni and other large pasta for stuffing are numerous. And each dish of this funny pasta will be unusual and the taste and appearance. Intricate process. Nice handwork. Yummy.
Ingredients for roasting conquilion with minced meat
for 6 servings
Conkilioni (big shells) or lumakoni – 350 g (packaging).
For filling large pasta
minced chicken – 0.5 kg;
egg – 1 pc;
semolina (or oatmeal) – 0.5 cups;
cheese – 50 g;
basil, oregano (oregano), salt;
For the sauce
onion – 1 pc .;
garlic – 2-4 cloves;
Tomato – 1 pc .;
sour cream (matsoni or mayonnaise) – 100 g;
flour – 2 tbsp. l .;
water – about 2 cups;
salt, basil, oregano (marjoram)
Baking dish, vegetable oil for lubricating the form and for roasting, foil.
Here is what conquilion looks like – huge shells with a cavity for the filling
How to cook large pasta
- grate cheese on a coarse grater;
- combine minced meat, egg, semolina, spicy herbs and cheese. Salt
Prepare the sauce for baking pasta
- tomato dipped in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Cool, remove the skin. Cut into small cubes.
- chop the onion into thin half-rings, garlic – into thin plates. Lightly fry in butter until softened.
- when an onion smell appears, immediately toss tomatoes in the pan. Pour sour cream.
- pour flour with cool water, stir well. Slowly combine the onion-tomato roast, stirring the sauce constantly.
- as soon as the flour is brewed and the sauce thickens – turn off the heat.
See the dry ends of the shells? We must pour water.
Stuffing and baking pasta shells
- pour the bottom of the baking dish with oil;
- each shell stuffed with minced meat with a teaspoon. Put konkiloni in the form.
- pour the pasta stuffed with sauce. If it does not completely close the shells, add water or milk.
- form to tighten with foil;
- heat the oven to a temperature of 200-220 C. Bake for about 30 minutes closed, then remove the foil, drown the tips of the shells that have accidentally surfaced, and bake another 10-15 minutes open at a temperature of 220-230 C to thicken the sauce;
- serve hot.
Features cooking and taste of conquilioni
Italian conchilioni pasta is very large, giant shells that can be stuffed dry and baked under a sauce in the oven, or boiled to the state al dente (al dente – per tooth, slightly undercooked, chewed with a light crunch) and stuffed with cheese, stuffing from liver pate, cottage cheese or other stuffing. Giant snails (lumaconi) and large tubules (cannelloni) are prepared on the same principle.
For example, lumakoni or konkiloni can be prepared with a salad of melted cheese and crab sticks + garlic, egg yolks and mayonnaise – a recipe for lumakoni. For spiciness, you can add bitter chilli to the filling of pasta shells.
Slightly undercooked lumaconi with crab meat and processed cheese curds
Cannelloni pasta is made from flour of the highest quality and, apparently, this is the secret of the delicate, delicious, noble taste.
Here is the cannelloni tubules
According to the meaning, conquiliones, cooked according to our recipe, resemble dumplings. But at the same time, they have some special, slim, transparent … even watercolor taste. They are light and graceful.
it takes a lot for all the shells to be hidden under it, otherwise dry tips will remain in some places.
The cheese and the egg grab the mince and hold it in the cavity of the half-open shell. Baking stuffing will remain in place, do not worry, of course, unless you begin to use brute force.
Try it. It diversifies your taste and take a pleasant affair. Hands rejoice when they fill the shells with filling. It will be an interesting exercise, a fun thing for the whole family. Be sure to involve children in cooking.
If you do not want to bother with baking, the shells can be boiled in salted water until they are almost ready (they are pretty hard, they bite as easily as regular pasta, and at the very last moment there is a subtle waffle crunch. This is al dente’s condition).
How to cook a giant pasta for stuffing
Cook konkiloni in a large saucepan with plenty of water – so that the giant shells are free and they do not break or stick to the walls of the pan.
It takes about 10-12 minutes – try the shell closest to you, if you are ready – turn off immediately, drain the water and spread the pasta to dry on a spacious flat plate or immediately lay out on a la carte, which you will serve on. Once again, remember that shells should not boil soft, boiled konkiloni for stuffing must keep good shape.
Cheese or curd filling
For stuffing 350 g of conquilion, you can take 200 g of cheese (feta or cottage cheese, curd cheese), greens (dill, parsley, basil, tarragon, a bit of mint – what you have, put it), you can – chopped garlic. Cottage cheese should be salted to taste
The cheese and green stuffing can be diluted with matsoni (cooking recipe), sour cream or cream, if the mass for stuffing conquilioni is rather dry. It will also be very tasty if you mix walnuts in small pieces into the cheese.
Pasta meat filling
Another konkiloni, lumaconi (large snails) and cannellonni (huge pasta tubes) can be stuffed with chicken breast, fried with onions and mushrooms (all cut into small pieces, first fry the onion – until the characteristic flavor appears, then throw the breast there, after 3-4 minutes – mushrooms.
Fry for another 3 minutes. Cool to room temperature and mix with grated cheese (for 1 breast, 1 onion, and 200 g of champignons, about 100-150 g of cheese or cheese should be taken).
Chicken and mushroom filling – mix everything with grated cheese and stuff pasta
This stuffing can be filled with dry Italian pasta in the form of large shells, snails and tubules, put in a baking dish and pour over the sauce.
Cannelloni, fanned by chicken breast. mushrooms and parsley, laid in a baking dish
For example, a mixture of sour cream, flooded butter and ketchup. Or sour cream (or yoghurt), submerged butter and mayonnaise.
Or cook custard sauce bechamel (recipe). Beef broth can be added to each of these sauces, if you have one. The sauce should be plenty to cover all the dry pasta and allow them to soak up the moisture from this sauce when baking.
Dry (not boiled) cannelloni baked with bechamel sauce
And you can fill it with boiled macaroni . Mix warm, still chicken and mushroom stuffing with cheese so that it (cheese) is slightly melted, and stuff the pasta. And on top – pour (drip), for example, mayonnaise.
Sweet pasta filling
Sweet tooths can be stuffed with cooked conkilioni with curd mass, curd cheese with honey or sugar and grated ginger, for example, or curd with honey and raisins (or berries, nuts) and pour them with sour cream or thick yogurt. Or just flooded butter. And you can pour the sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in the oven too until the cheese melts.
Those who appreciate the taste of cheese with honey, can grate the cheese, fill these shells with tasty flakes, sprinkle with chopped walnuts or berries, pour with honey and melted butter.
Grated cheese can be mixed with small pieces of tomato (diced) or tomato, pepper and cucumber. You will have a mini-shop salad in each shell. You can sprinkle the stuffing with a drop of lemon juice to make it fresh and spicy and pour a little olive oil.
You can also make a filling of any finely chopped or grated thick homogeneous salad , seasoned with sour cream or mayonnaise, or grated cheese with mold or cheese (they are fat and well lubricated and combine, bind the ingredients of the dish).
Snails stuffed with chopped salad with crab sticks and grated melted cheese. Crab sticks can be easily replaced with shrimps – it will be even tastier!
Ham or sausage stuffing
If at home – only onions, cheese and ham (sausage, ham, brisket, brisket). Fry the finely chopped onion (until softened) and toss the finely chopped ham to it. Fry until the onions become transparent. Cool and mix with grated cheese.
It is possible to stuff both boiled and dry pasta, as well as with minced chicken breast and champignons.
If you have shrimp – this is also a great filling for boiled conkilioni shells. Boil the shrimp, peel, chop finely, combine with garlic, passed through a press, finely chopped dill and basil, and grated cheese. Drip a bit of lemon juice and some olive oil. Mix everything and stuff with shrimp ground our boiled Italian shells.
The filling for konkiloni, cannelloni, lumakoni can be from fish . The easiest option is to stuff the cooked pasta with the usual canned fish salad (pink salmon, mackerel, etc., mashed with a fork), grated cheese, garlic, grated eggs and mayonnaise). And you can mix fish, boiled rice and cheese, drip mayonnaise and finely chop a piece of onion.
Another way is to fry until softened finely chopped onion and a couple of garlic cloves with half of chili pepper (and only one onion can be), toss them with finely chopped fish fillets and fry until ready fish (3-4 minutes). Mix with finely chopped greens. Fill this stuffed boiled shells and sprinkle with finely grated cheese.
And you can mix fried fish with onions, greens (parsley, dill, basil) and minced meat and fill them with dry pasta, pour them abundantly with sauce, for example, bechamel, and bake in the oven.
- The first step is to prepare minced meat. For this dish any mince to choose. It can be mixed, chicken, ground beef. Add to taste minced salt, pepper, spices, onion and garlic. To give a richer taste, you can add greens. Do not be afraid to add a variety of spices, the main thing – do not overdo it. For such dishes, you can pre-wrap minced meat and freeze it.
Pasta shells should be large and made from durum wheat. Then they will not crawl away, and the dish will look much prettier, which means more appetizing.
After preparing the stuffing, you can start stuffing. For convenience, you can put a shell on the palm and with a teaspoon to fill it with stuffing. On average, one spoon of minced meat is placed in one shell. During cooking, the pasta will increase in volume, and the mince will squeeze, so it is better to fill the shell completely to the top.
To cook in a slow cooker, you must first prepare a bowl. Liberally grease with butter so that the pasta and minced meat are not burnt during cooking. We start to lay out shells. Carefully in one layer, one after another, lay the product on the bottom, then, if necessary, lay out the second layer.
Water is poured slowly and carefully, trying not to touch the shells. It will be most convenient to pour on the edge, then all the stuffed pasta will remain in place and evenly filled with water. Add salt to the water and put a bay leaf.
On the program panel of the multicooker, set the mode “baking”, wait until the water boils. After the water boils it is necessary to give the shells to cook for 10-15 minutes. The most important thing is that they are not overcooked, you can even make them a little hard, they will quickly “reach” in hot water. During cooking, you must periodically open the lid and make sure that the water does not boil off. There is no need to interfere with them, they will boil well, even if you cook them in two and three layers.
In addition to the slow cooker, such shells can be cooked in a regular gas pan, the main thing is not to allow the stuffing to fall out of the shell, the sequence will be the same as with the slow cooker. First you need to put the shells, then pour water. With one difference, that after the water boils it is necessary to reduce the fire. To the shells boiled in slightly boiling water.
After the shells are cooked, you can serve them to the table. A pleasant aroma so similar to homemade dumplings will quickly gather the whole family in the kitchen, and your favorite sauce, sour cream or ketchup with mayonnaise will add a special flavor to the dish. This simple recipe will save when there is very little time for cooking, but you want something unusual.
Enjoy your meal.